Skip to main content

FIST100 & FIST325: Introduction

 Hello everyone, my name is Davis Wukovits and I am a Sophomore currently living on campus.  I have been in Appleton for quite some time due to COVID-19 making Appleton the fourth place I lived.  I was born in California then moved to Georgia and my family currently lives in South Carolina.  I came to Lawrence because I have the unpopular opinion of enjoying cold weather and I love being here.  I also have an older brother, a twin brother, and two wonderful dogs.  At Lawrence I am a film major and a potential history minor.  

In my life I have two major hobbies which are film and swimming.  I have always enjoyed movies and film production in general but it really came to be in High School when I was in a broadcast journalism production class.   I spent most my time in the editing lab in this class and with the combo of me and my best friends we were able to lead the class to place second in the entire nation for broadcast journalism shows at the High School level.  Ever since then I have always wanted to do more in film production and analysis.  I have learned so much already and am particularly excited to start FIST 100 because it has been a while since I've messed with editing software and cameras.

Aside from film swimming is my biggest passion.  I have been swimming for years and came to Lawrence to also be apart of the varsity swim team.  My older brother was an extremely talented swimmer and I credit much of my interest of swimming to him, and even though I won't ever be at his level, I can still be the best I can be and hopefully leave my own legacy on the program. 

I hope that this can be one of our last terms under the pandemic as things seems to be looking positive.  But we must do what is necessary to stay safe.  In my last introduction I posted some photos of my dogs and I certainly plan on doing that again because who doesn't love a photo of someone else's pets.  


My 13 year Giant Schnoodle, Charger


My 7 year old Giant Schnoodle, Rowdy (with a haircut)


Comments

  1. Hey Davis, it's so great that you and your friend were able to win second place for national broadcast journalism shows at the High School level. It is such a big thing, so congrats on that!! It is so great that you are continuously improving your fill skill by taking film classes. Also, I love your dogs!!! They are so cute and I bet you have a lot of fun time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Davis! Your dogs are so cute! I also love to swim but decided not to join the swim team. Second place nation wide is really impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Handsome dogs. I have one of my own back home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to have another class with you Davis! I greatly appreciate the dog pics!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

[FIST 100] Uno Reverse Card: Daughters of the Dust

 It's been a bit of a long week so I'm using the title as a joke to get a laugh out of some people.  As a bonus the title relates to the post too. I really enjoyed analyzing Daughters of the Dust and discussing Dash's may ways a defying Hollywood traditions.  I mostly enjoyed this through her sue of cinematography.  In most Hollywood films the way the story movies along via dialogue between characters, but in Daughters of the Dust this story telling is don't through largely the cinematography.  In Hollywood most cinematography are beautiful shots of some event that's happening and those shots are frequent in a movie.  Many of the shots include the main characters.  In Daughters of the Dusk, cinematography of the amazing landscape is put over dialoged to establish the world and tell the story.  It almost feels as if the camera is the main character and the cast are the4 supporting roles.  (This is why its an Uno Reverse Card).  This makes the movie rely more on cinem

[FIST 325] Bad Hair - Pelo Malo

Pelo Malo is an interesting look into the world of Venezuelan culture.  I think that the use of Junior's hair as the plot point through throughout the film is an interesting way to explore his culture but also what Junior wants to be.  Junior tries many different ways to straiten his hair much to his mother's disapproval and this creates lots of tension within the Junior and his mother.  The thing I want to discuss in this blog is how that tension was used in the film.  The movie itself can be hard to watch at times because you feel bad for junior unable to find the support he wants and the hostility between him and his mother adds to this.  But there are also times in the film where these moments of tensions can create some beautify done scenes.  The scene I want to use as an example is the scene we watched in class where junior cuts his hair.  This is obviously a very hostile moment between Junior and his mother and this is evident in the stares they give each other.  Particu

Flashbacks to Middle School: PEN15

 PEN15 was easily the most cringe piece of media I have seen all term.  This is, however, not the fault of the show.  When watching a show about people developing in middle school, you can't help but think back to your own middle school experience.  Middle school in general is just a pretty horrible awkward time for most people, I can't think of a person I know who genuinely enjoyed middle school.  I for one absolutely can't stand thinking about my experience at that age.  But that is simply just middle school, and that age is just a supremely awkward time.  Nonetheless, PEN15 does a decent job of exploring just how award and rough middle school can be.   The show did a number of things especially well.  One thing that I enjoyed was the use of music throughout the show.  I thought the music added an extra layer of comedy that helped the show.  I also thought the relationship between Maya and her family, or more specifically Maya's character as a whole was really interes